House/Office Removals & Deliveries:
This type of activity is similar to that of a taxi and is called ‘hire and reward’. This is because the person is being paid to move your items. The driver of the vehicle would need to disclose this to their insurance provider. The vehicle is clearly not being used for ‘social domestic and pleasure’ purposes. Failure to have the correct insurance will mean you run the risk of an uninsured person arriving at your property to transport you and/or your household items. ‘Vantastic’ has full insurance for ‘Goods in Transit’ and ‘Public Liability’. For more information about the terms and conditions please refer to the insurance section.
We are able to dispose of fridges and freezers (domestic or commercial). We will need to confirmation of the type of fridge (under counter, upright, American, or chest) and also the location of collection. The items will need to be left outside the property or additional charges will apply.
When calling us, please have the following information available;
- A list of items being moved
- Address details of where the item(s) are to be moved from and to
- Whether the task needs one man or more
- Clarify whether the item(s) are moved from or to a garage, house, flat, or bungalow
- Some items such as fridge freezers, washing machines, etc can be moved by one man using one of our sack trucks
At short notice, Vantastic can arrange a complete clearance service. This could also include the carpets and fittings if required. A pre-arranged site visit is recommended to establish an agreed value of the items that need to be cleared, which can then be off-set against the overall cost. Vantastic can also be flexible on location and times to suit any time restraints imposed by landlords, housing associations, or legal representatives.
- Probate Clearances:
These can be negotiated with Solicitors and/or professional advisors. In the majority of these clearances, there will be a charge for the disposal of goods that are deemed too old or worthless. Some household goods must have a fire safety certificate attached to them to be sold by charities and council run organisations. Some goods will, therefore, be deemed as waste and disposed of accordingly. This will incur an associated cost.
The person or organisation collecting your waste needs to be a registered and licensed waste carrier (Tier 2) and suitably registered with the Environment Agency. Paying someone to dispose of your waste is categorised as ‘trade waste’ and must be disposed of correctly and in accordance with the regulations in place. The local amenity points provided by your Local Council ‘do not’ accept trade waste. Ask to see a copy of their waste carriers licence. The licence number for ‘Vantastic’ is CBDU209656. It is our intention to recycle as much waste that is deemed possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to dispose of any hazardous materials such as asbestos.
Piano Moving Service & Heavy Items:
All of our vehicles are fitted with a 500kg tail lift. This enables the safe transportation of heavy items such as tool boxes and pianos. Additional trollies, sack trucks, ratchet straps, bubble wrap, and blankets are also used.
|Deliveries using a Luton van (with tail lift)||£45.00|
|Luton Van & Two Men||£65.00|
|House/Flat/Office Moves||Contact us for a free quote (no booking will be made until a date is confirmed)|
|An additional 7.5 ton Lorry||Please contact us for a free quote|
|Single items (locally in Basingstoke)||From £20.00|
|Waste Clearance||Please contact us for a free quote|
- Prices quoted above are inclusive. They include the cost of the vehicle(s), fuel, manpower, blankets, and ratchet straps. Additional charges are made for extra services requested and any packing materials such as bubble wrap.
- For all jobs lasting more than one hour, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable ‘booking fee’. Once the fee has been received, it will secure your desired time and date. However, you will need to check availability prior to making any payment. The balance of hours completed will be payable on completion of the services provided.
- Bank details will be provided to you upon request.